1. Choose a soil medium suitable for growing Cannabis
“Cannabis likes rich yet airy and “fluffy” types of soils that are well-draining” (Royal Queen Seeds, P.1, 2019). Coco Coir is known to retain water and when mixed with perlite is a great combination to grow Cannabis in!
2. Perlite will allow airflow within the medium
Perlite is the product of natural volcanic glass that has been expanded after enduring extreme heat. This white, light weight substance (seen in photo above) is added to soil to enhance the structure and create air pockets within your growing medium to help with drainage. “Perlite holds a film of air close to its surface and creates air pockets no matter how wet the growing medium is” (Royal Queen Seeds, P.1, 2017).
3. Proper container size
The container you grow your Cannabis plant in will change from stage to stage as the plant gets large and requires more water and nutrients to thrive. Be sure to transplant your Cannabis into bigger pots as this occurs (Leafly, P.1, 2016).
4. Proper drainage to ensure proper nutrient and water absorption
To assure drainage success, the excess water (runoff) needs a way to escape the container. The suggested amount of runoff should be around 20% of the amount you feed your plant (Royal Queen Seeds, P.1, 2019). The easiest way to achieve this is using a pot that has holes in the bottom, or making holes yourself in whichever pot you choose, and using a saucer or some type of catcher for the runoff water. This prevents drowning of your Cannabis plants and lowers the chance of mold and root rot destroying your grow.
5. Check the soil!
A good way to see if your Cannabis plant needs more water is checking the top inch of the soil in the pot to see if it is dry. If so, it is probably time to water! With proper drainage and watering techniques this should take no more than about 3 days with large plants. (Royal Queen Seeds, P.1, 2017).
Aqua Ultraviolet Supports the Cannabis industry and Growers universally!
Our Advanced Ultraviolet Technologies ensure the best possible UV Water Sterilizer Solutions across all applications!
Aqua Ultraviolet cares about your landscaping water needs!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @aquauv
What Makes Aqua Ultraviolet different is
- No Minimum Order Requirements
- Most Items Ship Within 24 Hours
- Live Technical Support directly from our office.
- We manufacture our patented products from our California location.
- We directly handle warranty issues for you.
- Unmatched filter performance.
- Small and Large units for Ponds, Pool and Spa use, as well.
- We offer unparalleled fresh drinking water products.
- Installation videos and manuals are on our website.
- Complete UV line, including a compact 400 Watt unit for larger installations.
- All UV’s have a blue cap that indicates the lamp is operating.
- We have the longest lamp life on the market, 14 months.
Call (951) 296-3480 or Email [email protected]
#lifedependsonwater #aquauv #aquaultraviolet #madeintheusa #aquauvmadeinusa #water #waterfiltration #uvwaterfiltration #followus #cannabis #cannabisindustry #cannabisgrowers #cannabisgrow #cannabisforpain #medicalmarijuana #painrelief #chronicpain #cannabishelpsmypain #cannabishelpsmychemo #cannabishelpsmyhealth #healthyliving #cannbiswatering #howmuchwater #overwatering #underwatering #cannabisgrowing #howtowatermycannabis #marijuanawatering #cannabiscrop #cannabiscropwater #thirstycrop #thcthirst #wateringtips #growingtips #cannabistips
Sources and further readings:
Royal Queen Seeds – How To Water Cannabis Plants: A Comprehensive Guide, 2019
Royal Queen Seeds – Perlite And Cannabis Cultivation, 2017
Leafly Staff – How To Tell If a Cannabis Plant Needs Watering, 2016