What is UV?
UV is a dependable method for controlling the spread of algae and unwanted diseases in the water being treated. The Ultraviolet lamp emits a germicidal ray which alters or disrupts the DNA of free-floating, single cell bacteria or protozoa that passes through the unit and keeps your water clear.
What is next?
So. You have come to the conclusion that you need a UV sterilizer for Your Aquarium. Congrats on taking the “DIVE” into providing the cleanest water possible for your Fish Friends!
Which UV System works for me?
Options! Options! Options! Google, Bing or any other search engine can make it hard to determine which product offers the best solution for your needs.
Today, we will take a look at a few different UV sterilizers that purify algae and keep your aquarium in great shape.
These UV systems can be used for fresh or saltwater and allows water to maneuver around the UV light in a twisting motion as it is exposed to the UV rays. With easy installation, you can decide between an in-line setup, or use the included mounting brackets to hang the unit on the side of your aquarium with ease. The lamp life of these units is 4,000 hours of continuous use or should be changed every 6 months.
- 3X (9 Watt): Pond size up to 125 Gallons
- 6X (18 Watt): Pond size up to 250 Gallons
- 12X (36 Watts): Pond size up to 500 Gallons
#2 Green Killing Machine
The Green Killing Machine is also compatible with fresh or saltwater, and includes a powerhead that attaches to the unit that provides a current for the water to be treated through the housing. Installation takes about 5 minutes and the unit is fully submersed in your aquarium via suction cups. The product has an LED light which indicates operation and replacement needs of the UV bulb which should be switched out every 6-9 months with continuous use.
- 3 Watt: 20 gallons
- 9 Watt: 50 gallons
- 24 Watt: 120 gallons
#1 Aqua Ultraviolet
Aqua Ultraviolet’s Systems come in plastic or stainless-steel option for most UV units and can be used for either fresh or saltwater as well. These units are not submersible, yet are easily installed, and can be used in aquariums, ponds and more. All plastic models can be reduced from 2” to ¾” if the user decides to downsize. Some units have a “hanger” option where you can easily place on the side of your aquarium. A clear cap on the right side, in the front of the unit, glows to tell you the lamp is functioning.
Quality you can see, Aqua Ultraviolet’s lamp life is 14 months with 24/7 continuous use and is still the longest-lasting, efficient lamp on the market! Aqua Ultraviolet has been providing quality products for over 40 years, manufactured in Temecula, California.
- 8 Watt: salt- 70 gallons, fresh- 5-200 gallons
- 15 Watt: salt- 75 gallons, fresh- 200-500 gallons
- 25 Watt: salt- 150 gallons, fresh- 500-1,200 gallons
- 40 Watt: salt- 325 gallons, fresh- 1,200-2,000 gallons
- 57 Watt: salt- 355 gallons, fresh- 1,500-3,000 gallons
- & larger!
Your Tank, Your Choice
There are several UV systems to research and look into, ultimately it is up to you and your style to decide which UV is right for you.
What makes us different is:
- No minimum order requirements
- Most items ship within 24 hours
- Live Technical Support directly from our office.
- We manufacture our patented products from our California location.
- We directly handle warranty issues for you.
- Unmatched filter performance.
- Small and large units for ponds, pool and spa use, as well.
- We offer unparalleled fresh drinking water products.
- Installation videos and manuals are on our website.
- Complete UV line, including a compact 400 Watt unit for larger installations.
- All UV’s have a blue cap that indicates the lamp is operating.
- Wipers available to keep quartz clean and optimize germicidal effectiveness.
- We have the longest lamp life on the market, 14 months.
Call (951) 296-3480 or email [email protected] today!
#lifedependsonwater #aquauv #aquaultraviolet #madeintheusa #aquauvmadeinusa #water #waterfiltration #uvwaterfiltration #followus #ultraviolet #sterilizeyourwater #cleanwater #happyfish #fishfriends #cleantank #aquarium #aquariumreef #aquareef #aquariumlife #aquatank #aquariumhobbyist