Is Tap Water Safe?
We all know it’s important to make sure that your pet has sufficient water intake he or she needs to maintain a healthy lifestyle. If you’re giving your pet unfiltered tap water, it may not be as safe as you think. As a result of giving your pet unfiltered tap water, you can expose them to many water-borne diseases, such as campylobacteriosis, Leptospirosis, E.coli and many more. Exposing your pet to these diseases could be deadly. Knowing the benefits of having plenty of clean water for your pet is important.
Safe Water at Home
A few great ways to ensure that your pet’s water is safe is to; clean their bowl and change the water daily, test the water in your home with an at-home pH test or purchase a UV filtration system for your home. Like tap water, clean water can get contaminated from debris from your home, outdoors and even from your pet’s fur. When water is sitting for more than a day you increase the possibility of your pet’s water growing biofilm. Biofilm is a thin slimy layer of bacteria that sit on the surface of the water. Biofilm bacteria found in sitting water can cause nausea and vomiting, respiratory failure, seizures, and death.
As a result of your pet consuming the proper amount of clean water, they benefit from, riding their bodies of toxins, regulated body temperature, and a balanced pH. Make sure your furry loved one is consuming at least one oz. of water per pound per day. Be sure to keep an eye out for how much water your pet is drinking. Too little water can result in dehydration and could be an indicator that your pet has an underlining medical condition. Too much water can result in water intoxication which can throw off your pet’s sodium and electrolyte balances.
Your pet needs clean and safe water to protect them from possible bacteria and diseases. For more information on how to keep your pet’s water clean and safe, visit www.aquauv.com for our complete range of UV filtration systems.